Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond


1. Did you watch the solar eclipse? Your thoughts? Sun Chips, Moon Pies, Starburst candies, a Blue Moon beer, a Sunkist orange, or a Milky Way candy bar...what's your favorite eclipse related snack on this list?

We did!  The kids were mesmerized by it.  We had a fantastic time playing outside and watching the sun disappear little by little.  We weren't in the path of totality, but we saw a lot of it!

I wanted to get Moon Pies, but the store was sold out.  Not that I'm surprised...
2. What are you 'over the moon' about these days? What's something you enjoy doing every 'once in a blue moon'?

The cooler weather.  I'm not necessarily meant for winter, but I like it when fall starts to arrive.

Once in a blue moon...I...don't know what I like to do.  I seem to be kind of all-or-nothing about things.
3. Tell us about something in the realm of science that interests you. How do you feed that interest?

Electronics.  I used to have an IT job that I loved, but I left that job long ago.  So I try to help out when I can.

4. What are a few things you remember about going back to school as a child?

Nervously looking around my classroom to see if any of my friends were there.  Wondering what the teacher would be like.

5. I've seen several versions of this around the net so let's make one of our own...share with us five words that touch your soul and briefly tell us why.

Huh, I haven't seen anything like this!

peace
service
sharing 
understanding
love

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

Tuesday was my 37th birthday (though a lot of people in my orbit have started joking that I'm turning 29 again). I don't mind getting older, I kind of feel like I've earned it.

It was also the day a tree landed on my house about ten minutes after I took the kids to Scout's violin lesson.  Everyone is okay, but the house is in desperate need of some repairs.  But everyone's okay, and since my son had actually been IN the room that got the most severe damage about fifteen minutes before that tree came down...we're hugely blessed to all be safe.

In other news, I'm redecorating a room, and I'm totally open to ideas anyone has...

4 comments:

  1. A belated happy birthday to you! My birthday was Friday and I am way beyond 37. haha I have had my 25th birthday 28 times now. This was my 52nd birthday and our youngest daughter called it my 25th birthday. :)

    I would say that I hope it was a great birthday for you, but with a tree landing on your house, great kind of went out the window, didn't it? I am so glad that no one was injured and that your boy was not in the room when it happened. How very scary!

    Redecorating a room is fun! Which room are you redecorating?

    Have a blessed day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess I didn't say it above! When that tree fell our guest room took a serious hit--rafters cracked, drywall and insulation fell, it was a mess. It'll have to be completely redone, so I might as well get to imagining...

      Delete
  2. Well, belated Happy Birthday. Just put a frame around the tree and the mess it caused and call it "Art". That gets the decorating done fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I might have done that but the insurance company probably wouldn't like it much...

      Delete