Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

Hey y'all!  Here's hoping to get back into the swing of things...

From this Side of the Pond


1. Is a picture worth a thousand words? Elaborate.
Sometimes.  Sometimes, a picture says things that can't easily be articulated in any other way.

2. Have you ever driven any part of the Pacific Coast Highway? If so what was your favorite stop? If not, is this sort of trip on your bucket list?
No, I've never been that far west in America.  I'm not a huge fan of road trips in general anymore, to be honest.  I suppose I'd be happy to take it by train, but not if I'm driving.

3. How do the changing seasons affect you? As the seasons change do you find yourself looking more forward or backward? Which season-season transition bothers you most? Why do you suppose that is? 
The fall-to-winter transition is hardest on me.  Makes my back ache a lot more.  I do love summer-to-fall, though, it makes me look forward to fresh apples and pumpkin everything.

4. It's your birthday and you get to pick the dinner menu. What are we having? Do you ever lie about your age?
Something with cheese!  Seriously, though, my mood varies so much it's hard to pick one particular thing.  We went to a Mexican place for my birthday this year, if that counts.

I don't generally lie about my age.  For the time being, I don't feel like I have anything to hide.

5. What's a life lesson you've learned recently?
Not sure how to articulate this one.  We got a big life lesson when that tree came crashing down on our house.  It's still in a state of disrepair.  But the new roof is on, and the inside work is starting...uh, today, actually.  But I've learned I can deal with a few weeks of chaos if I know for certain things will be better in the end.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.
I never posted the obligatory first day of school pictures!  Scout is starting sixth grade, Sunshine is starting second.


10 comments:

  1. So sorry a tree fell on your house, but so glad you are getting it all repaired. Your kids are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that tree! Yikes. Glad your new roof is on. Look like the kids are happy about heading back to school. Hope the rest of your week goes well and inside repairs go well, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We are so grateful nobody was hurt. My children are loving the school year (and that's kind of weird, but I'm definitely grateful)!

      Delete
  3. So sorry about the tree issue, happy for you that things are getting repaired.
    I always enjoyed first day of school photos, the kids are so happy and enthused about their new year, your children are adorable, thank you for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love their joy for the new school year. I know their teachers do too.

      Delete
  4. Yikes! Tree on your house is not fun. I hope the work gets completed quickly. Your children are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I really can't complain about how the work is going. I'm ready for it to be over, but the crew has been really great.

      Delete
  5. I missed the news of a tree in your house-ugh! So glad repairs are underway. I'm sure it was scary. I love Mexican and would be happy with that on my birthday too. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We weren't even home at the time, so the scary part was coming home to find part of the backyard all over the driveway. :)

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete