Monday, October 2, 2017

Wait, what?

Really? A non-Hodgepodge post?  Yup...

I talked briefly a while back about when that tree came down on our house a few weeks ago (on my 37th birthday, in fact)...repairs are done, and the room that will eventually belong to Sunshine is well underway.  The floor is getting redone, and I finally got all her favorite My Little Pony characters traced onto the walls, and I should be able to start painting those tomorrow.

Meanwhile, take a look at a fun thing we got to do over the weekend...


The people who organize our local marathon also organize a few other races throughout the year, and we decided to give the Flyby 5K a try.  There's two races--the 5K itself, and an untimed 2-mile "fun run" that we were more comfortable participating in.  All four of us were signed up.  Scout and my husband were a minute ahead of us.  Sunshine and I made a deal ahead of time to run across the finish line, no matter what, and that's what we did--in a time of almost exactly 34 minutes.  The race itself was along a runway at the airport, and it was a fascinating ground-level view of a lot of things I've never seen up close before.  At the end of it, we all got medals, and we all agreed we were in for it next year.

Running is not exactly a "passion" of mine, per se.  But I do enjoy it, and I'm so grateful I finally got my family to go along with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment