Monday, June 25, 2012

Farmer's Market Sangria

Oh, I wish I took pictures of my projects. I don't, mostly because my life, my apartment, my kitchen, and my dining room table are all a colossal mess that I don't want to subject everyone to the horror of it all. I tell myself it's the nature of moving cross country and unprepared with two young kids. :) Anyway. I decided, some time ago, that I wanted to try making a Farmer's Market Sangria. This may not count as a true sangria, because most of the recipes for sangria I've seen involve citrus fruit of some sort. But this is Pennsylvania, and one thing we don't see locally sourced is citrus. We're just that way. Here's what I suggest trying: *Go to the fruit farmer's tent. Get some berries. I chose strawberries and cherries. *Go to the winery tent. Get a 750mL bottle of a sweet red wine. I chose a blueberry wine that is really fabulous--I mean, so fabulous I think my husband may even voluntarily enjoy a glass. That's...it, really. Pour the wine into a pitcher. Wash and quarter about one and a half cups of strawberries. Add them to the pitcher. Wash and pit about half a cup of cherries. Add THEM to the pitcher. Pop it in the fridge and wait for a few hours so the flavors can mingle a little bit and get to know each other. And--this step is completely optional--add a cup of ginger ale or club soda when you're ready to serve. It was light, flavorful, and cheerful. And I am really sorry, I didn't take pictures of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment