Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 days of Gratitude--Day 1

I'm going to give this NaBloPoMo thing a try--and combine it with the 30 days of thanks thing I've seen a few people do on facebook.

Every one of my friends who is doing this on Facebook--all of them--started today by being thankful for their spouse.  Not that there's anything wrong with it...but I'm starting with my parents.

My parents.  I probably drove them absolutely bonkers.  But they were still awesome.  Mom was the one who always volunteered in our classroom, made cakes and candies, came up with all kinds of crafts...you know the sort.  I wish I was more like her that way.  Mom lost her battle with cancer two weeks after my daughter was born.  I miss her terribly but I am very grateful she's free of pain.

Dad was always building something when I was growing up.  He likes computers and carpentry and metalworking and...like I said.  Building stuff.  It amazed me then, amazes me still.  I get to talk to him often but I miss getting to hang out with him.

So that's today.  Today I'm thankful for my parents.

(Don't worry, being thankful for my husband is coming.  eventually.)

No comments:

Post a Comment