Sunday, November 25, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--days 24 and 25

Day 24--I can't believe I haven't brought this up yet--I'm thankful for my health.

I have a number of issues.  I have cholesterol problems, and I can't really seem to do much about it.  I've tried, honest I have--it just doesn't work.  It's like my liver doesn't care how many plants I eat.  Either way, I'm on meds for that.  Pleh.

And I have some other issues too.  I don't like talking about them, because it's aaaaaaawwwwkwaaaarrrd, but it's me, so here it is:  I've been pregnant five times.  My son and my daughter are both, mercifully, healthy and rambunctious today.  They have another brother between them who died when I was a month away from delivering him.  His name was Ian.  After we lost him, I lost one baby at 12 weeks and another at 8 weeks.  I breathed a sigh of relief when my daughter arrived safely.

And as irritating as the former is, and as heartbreaking as the latter is, neither of them are debilitating.  I can run.  I don't have any issues with breathing or lifting heavy things.  I have no long-term or terminal illnesses.  And for that, I am truly grateful.

Day 25--I am thankful for my church.  It is a large one, and the service we attend is loud, enthusiastic, and full of really great people.  And they're working for some good things in the community, which is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment