Friday, November 23, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--Days 21-23

Yesterday was mayhem.  Cooking and unpacking and oof.

For day 21, I'm thankful we live in a good school district.  The one we moved out of was not so great, and we would have likely wound up sending our children to private school just to keep their education from sliding too far.  Our son has been doing really well, and I'm really proud of him there.  A lot of people love to hate on "the schools", but we have some good ones.

For day 22, I'm thankful we have a backyard we can just let the kids play in.  They could play in our old backyard, sure, but there wasn't a fence, so I constantly worried about cars barrelling down the alley or stray cats or a number of other things.  Yesterday, however, was nice enough that, after we ate, we pretty much opened the back door and said, "there you go, go ride your scooters" and they stayed outside till dark.  With almost no issues.  It was great.  Now all we need is a trampoline.

For day 23, I am thankful for Black Friday.  I think it's insane and overdone, but if I want to get a microscope for $12, now's the time to do it, AND it means that I can go to the grocery store and take my SWEET time with everything today and nobody will bother me because they're all at other retailers fighting each other over $12 microscopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment