Thursday, November 15, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--Days 14 and 15

I've already kind of bombed NaBloPoMo, haven't I?  Oh well.  Counting my blessings is still a good thing...

Day 14--I'm grateful for the change in seasons.  I might not like winter, but when I say that I usually mean that I don't like snow, or salt all over the place, or the sludge at the edge of the road that turns gray with the exhaust of passing cars.  But I do like soft sweaters, and warm mugs of cider, and crock pots full of soup, and football.

And I might not like the extreme heat of summer.  But I do like sunshine and days by the pool and popsicles.

I'm grateful I get to experience both, and I've never really lived anywhere that didn't offer both.

Day 15--I'm thankful for the Disney Channel.  I know that sounds weird, but...

We watch a LOT of Disney here.  Mostly because I have two young kids.  My son is less interested these days, and admittedly a lot of the shows are a bit dubious, but there's no foul language for them to pick up.  Nothing to give them nightmares.  No stunts they're going to try to imitate.  And--this was my favorite part about it until last Tuesday--NO POLITICAL ADS.  Which means I completely missed all of the juvenile "MY OPPONENT SAID THIS!" sorts of ads.  My election season was peaceful except for the people who came to my door to try and force their opinion on me, and I credit that largely to the Disney Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment