Friday, November 2, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--Day 2

Today I'll talk about my husband, because I'm thankful for him.  (See?  I told you I'd talk about him.)

When we met, he was the shy sort.  So it was really out of character when he walked straight up to me and introduced himself.  I was a shy sort, too...and being seventeen years old and in my first semester of college didn't help there.  But he introduced himself, and quickly became close friends.

He is smart and funny and sweet and I totally don't deserve him.  He is my best friend.  It is because of him that I have the ability to be a stay-at-home mom (which I love way more than I thought I would...but that is a post for another day).  He is my balance--when I'm ill-tempered, he's the calm one.

I don't get all sappy about him often, at least not publicly.  Mostly because I know it'll annoy people.  But if I were the sort to post every random thing that crosses my mind, I'd talk about him daily.  Several times a day, actually.

Our son is turning out a lot like him in every way.  And while sometimes that's really frustrating...it's also a lot to be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment