Wednesday, November 7, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--Day 7

Today I am grateful for coffee shops.

Stay with me here.

We recently moved (as in, three weeks ago) and today, I went to coffee with my old neighbor, S.  S is a really nice lady, always offering to help people and always laughing.  I miss her, and I'll miss her even more when she moves to the other side of the state in the next few days.  So we got together for coffee, and had a nice long conversation over our lattes about everything--religion and the election and our mutual love for music and whiskey.  All the while, we watched as my daughter wandered around our table and made the man at the next table laugh.  She liked him too, and they kept laughing at each other.

I know coffee shops can draw some real unfriendly customers, the sort of people who scream at the barista and treat all the other customers as beneath them, but I've never encountered them.  The people I encounter in coffee shops are friendly and at peace with themselves and with the world.  Coffee shops bring out the best in a lot of people.  So I am thankful for coffee shops, and coffee and conversation with good friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment