Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 days of Gratitude--Day 6

Today it seems pretty obvious, I'm thankful for our freedoms.

We live in a country that peacefully changes power on a semi-regular basis.  In other areas, that is completely unimaginable, because a change of power means a revolution.

Two of my friends this morning on Facebook posted about their paths to citizenship, and how proud they were to take that path.  My neighbor (at least, my neighbor at the old place) is from Syria, and she tells me regularly how amazingly free we are here.

We're free enough that I can come out and say it:  I don't particularly like either of the major party candidates.  But I do have one that I prefer over the other, and I am free to keep my silence on that matter and carry it with me to my grave.

Whatever happens in the days to come, the vast majority of my freedoms will not be in jeopardy.  That is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment