Monday, November 19, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude--Days 18 and 19

Today, a double post (again!). For day 18, I am thankful for Cub Scouts.

I realize that's a sensitive issue.  But my son was so excited for the idea of becoming a scout, and it has helped him in ways I didn't foresee.  He is at least a little more organized, he is more obedient, and he is quite  serious about the Cub Scout Promise.

On my honor, I will do my best to do my duty to my God and my country, to help other people, and to obey the Law of the Pack.

I know that any time he starts getting out of control, or not listening, I can tell him to remember the Law of the Pack.  And he will get himself together.

(Also, nothing reminds me how well-behaved he really is like going to a den meeting.  HOLY COW.)

For day 19, I am thankful for a law.  Specifically, I live in Pennsylvania, and Pennsylvania requires annual vehicle inspections.  And as much as I haaaate paying for inspections (and anything that turns up during said inspections), I am grateful that, say, problems with my brakes get found BEFORE I careen into the back of another vehicle at the bottom of a steep hill.  And since steep hills are plentiful around here...

Maybe day 19 should have been gratitude for having a good mechanic.

No comments:

Post a Comment