Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge




1. Something on your October calendar that makes you smile?

Oh goodness, it's a long list!  Sunshine's birthday.  Sunshine's birthday PARTY.  My weekend away scrapbooking with my dear friends.  And of course, Halloween.  (Which has never been my personal favorite holiday, but I do love giving away candy to kids.)

Edit:  How did I forget about the support group's Black and Gold event?  I have no idea how I forgot about it!  It was a great time last year...it's a banquet they hold every year at a local German brewery.

2. Food for the soul or music for the soul...which camp are you in? Tell us why.

Both!  I love listening to music while I'm cooking.  Probably mostly music, though, because that can be added to anything, whether it's coloring or cooking or coffee or walking or...

I've come to realize that I love cooking a lot more than I love eating.  And I do love eating.

3. What are two or three things you've learned recently as the result of an online search?

Mostly recipes.  And also that my son's idea for a Halloween costume is going to be a tricky one to pull off (he wants to be a panda astronaut, so any ideas...any at ALL...)

4. Share your favorite game day recipe. You can describe it, post the how-to, or add a link to the actual recipe. 

These days, I'm all about this jalapeno popper dip.  I adapted it from a recipe I found in a Taste of Home magazine...

1 block cream cheese, softened
2 cups shredded cheddar
6 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 teaspoon garlic
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan

Mix together the cream cheese, shredded cheese, jalapenos, bacon, garlic, and sour cream in a bowl.  Spread into a greased 8x8 baking dish.  Mix together the butter, cracker crumbs, and Parmesan, sprinkle on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for about half an hour.

Super easy.  And delicious.

5. What are your five essential steps for creating the perfect morning routine?

Perfect morning routine...probably have a cup of coffee, enjoy a few quiet minutes, get dressed, get the kids' lunches packed, and get everyone ready to go.

6. What small thing have you taken note of today?

It's done raining!  For now...

7. Sum up your September in seven words or less.

So, so stressful.  I'm glad it's over.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My daily(ish) morning walk/runs are starting to pay off!  YAY!  (Just in time for me to sneak off and steal everyone's game day recipes...OR bake another pound of cheese.  Whatever.)

9 comments:

  1. I need a weekend of scrapbooking. I have a project I want finished before Christmas, but I just can't manage to squeeze in the time to get it going. The dip sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck with your project, I hope you can manage to find some time and a quiet space!

      Delete
  2. A panda astronaut??! Where do kids come up with these ideas? LOL Good luck.
    The jalapeno dip sounds wonderful. I know Mr. C. would love it, and I have a plethora of jalapenos from only two plants! So thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, he said he was torn between a panda and an astronaut...and then he decided that he didn't HAVE to choose between the two! Enjoy the dip!

      Delete
  3. Your dip sounds delicious. I am 5 states and 16 years behind in my scrapbooking. Have a great rest of the week and good luck with that panda astronaut costume!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think for his costume I'm just gonna get him a space suit and a panda head and have him use the helmet for a candy bucket. :)

      5 states and 16 years--sounds busy! Hope you can unwind soon!

      Delete
  4. Mercy...your recipe sounds divine! I'll have to give that a go! A panda astronaut is a new one on me! Good luck! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it! It's easy to make, and that's my favorite part. (No, wait...maybe the cheese is my favorite part...)

      Thank you for following--I'll be following you back and reading some of your story soon!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for stopping by, always good to meet a new HP friend. Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete