Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your summer so far? Why?
(1=eh and 10=best summer ever)

It's been so full of extremes I don't even know how to answer.  Vacation and getting to see my sister and her family definitely rates a 10.  There's a lot of other things that rated a 1.  As this is supposed to be my attempt to keep on the sunny side, I don't talk about the lows much here.

2. July 26th is National Aunts and Uncles Day. Did you have many aunts and uncles growing up? Were you especially close to any one or maybe all of them? Are you an aunt? (or uncle for the men who join here on Wednesdays) Share a favorite memory relating to one of your own aunts or uncles or relating to a niece or nephew who call you Aunt (or Uncle).

I wouldn't say I had many.  I had three uncles and two aunts, and I wouldn't say I was particularly close to any--we had one that was around more than the rest, and I always thought he was pretty cool (most people think he's weird, and he is, but he's friendly and he's fun and he's definitely his own person).  I am an aunt, I have three beautiful nieces and I adore them.  

A favorite memory is a little hard to come by, but I'll go with one from when I went back home for my grandmother's funeral earlier this year.  My sister was kind enough to let me stay at her place, and early the next morning I heard tiny footsteps accompanied by "Do you think Aunt B is awake yet? Let's go see!" and giggles.  

The joke was on them--I was indeed awake, and ready to surprise them.  :)

3. What's your favorite food dipped in chocolate? What's your favorite food dipped in cheese?

Dipped in chocolate: strawberries, or pretzels.  Dipped in cheese: probably bread chunks. 

4. When were you last astonished by something? Explain.

Scout has been honing his cooking skills.  The other night, he made pancakes for everyone for dinner.  Start to finish.  I didn't stir, I didn't pour, I didn't flip, all I did was get out an egg for him.  He did the rest, including the recipe tweaks (which pretty much amount to a splash of vanilla and a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar).  They came out really good and I'm really proud of him.

5. Surf board, paddle board, ironing board, Pinterest board, score board, clip board, bulletin board...which board have you most recently encountered?

Well I tripped over the ironing board this morning, does that count?

6. What's your favorite story from scripture? Why that story?

Jesus heals on the Sabbath.  The reason why is best summed up in Luke 6:9--Then Jesus said to them, “I ask you, which is lawful on the Sabbath: to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy it?”

7. If you were to travel from the east coast to the west coast in your own country, which five cities would you most want to see?

Wow, just five cities...it's a big country!  But I choose Juneau, Alaska; Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; Nashville, Tennessee; and Charlotte, North Carolina.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'm ready for cooler weather!


5 comments:

  1. My husband is a first rate iron-er : ) I am more likely to trip over the board! It's a scorcher here today, but I enjoy the heat. So long as there is air conditioning! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on the cooler weather. I'm blessed that my sweetie does all the cooking in our house, I don't even know where to get an egg. I'm in charge of cleaning up, that's just fine with me.
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I with ya....cool weather please!
    Have a great week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love #5 - hope there aren't any bumps or bruises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to believe that Carla lives just a few miles from me, for I want the cool weather to STAY AWAY for a couple momths! I'm sure that if I lived in the southern tier of states I'd feel the same way, but living where winter is half the year, I love and need summer to be as long as possible.

    ReplyDelete