Saturday, July 18, 2015

All the small things

I feel like today was kind of a day of minor victories...

We spent yesterday at the amusement park.  Scout finally got on his first roller coaster, and then his second, which he rode four times.  I told them that if they got their chores done when we got home (or first thing this morning), we'd go to the water park today.  (It's been an odd summer, weather-wise, and I didn't want to waste a sunny day.)

Well, chores didn't get done, so we didn't go to the water park.  But I AM done with back-to-school shopping, so there's that.  And my dishwasher, which died a month and a half ago, is finally on its way to being fixed.  And THAT is a huge relief.

Scout leaves for camp (again!) tomorrow.  He's gonna have a great week.  I need to find a card and send it to him.  Sunshine and I always look forward to a week to ourselves (during the day, anyway) but I can guarantee you that by Tuesday, her mantra will become, "I'm BORED, when is brother coming home?"  Till then, we have bowling to do and cookies to make and probably at least one trip to the amusement park.  Those season passes we bought on Black Friday were probably the best idea we could have had for this summer.

I literally ate a salad for dinner.  Salads don't generally make me happy, but this one somehow did.

No comments:

Post a Comment