Saturday, July 11, 2015

Rebooting, this time with a personal plan.

I tried doing the positive things every other day...it didn't last long at all.  So here I am trying yet again.

Saturdays I'm gonna try posting a weekly recap.

My son (hereafter referred to as Scout) spent the first half of the week at camp with my husband.  He learned a lot of things and came back quite changed after only three days.  He swims now.  And he learned how to shoot a gun and a bow and arrow.  He lost a tooth.  It was a great few days for him.

My husband had been, prior to that, very ill with an infection.  Not that he let it keep him down for long.  He took his meds (and there were a LOT of those) and played it safe.  He's better now but tired.

My daughter (hereafter referred to as Sunshine) is raring to go back to school.  I'm eager for it myself, honestly.  I like watching my children grow.  I like seeing them learn things and apply them.

We all went to the local amusement park today--kinda blew off chore day, but whatever.  Summer has been very hit or miss (mostly miss) with weather, and we had a nice day today and I didn't want to waste it inside cleaning.  It was a good move--today was warm and sunny and we're all worn out.  Just in time to hit a baseball game tomorrow night.

After dinner, we headed to a burger place for dinner.  The waitress was nice and patient with my dietary weirdness (I'm gluten-free, but without an official diagnosis) and she was great...until she cut her hand on a shattered glass near our table and wound up leaving.  I hope she's all right...meanwhile the people covering for her and the manager all kept coming over to apologize.  It's humbling when they do that...I want to appreciate the gesture, it's very kind, but their concerns are misplaced for me.  I want someone to tell me she's okay.  I'm sure she is, it was just a cut, and even if it required stitches, she'll be back at it soon.  But there's still something that feels helpless about a minor injury like that.

I'm trying (again) to start a diet log...mostly because I've got an appointment with a new doctor next month, and I'd like to prove that I'm trying, I really am TRYING, to keep myself healthy, but contrary to what a lot of healthy people say, it isn't easy, and it definitely isn't as easy as "eat right and exercise".  Maybe that works for single people with no kids, I don't know.  But I'm not single, I have things I do when my husband's at work that I try to do to make his life easier, and I swear during the summers someone screams MOM every seventeen seconds.  That makes eating a nice salad for lunch hard.

One day I'll be healthier, and I hope I remember then that it's not easy to shrug off extenuating circumstances to "eat right and exercise".

No comments:

Post a Comment