Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Are you comfortable with silence? If you're home alone, do you like silence or do you need regular background noise? Do you seek out times and places to be silent? What's your favorite place to find silence/be silent?

I am.  Eventually, I'll turn on some music or something, but I do enjoy quiet time.  My favorite quiet/silent place is in my home with a good book.

2. October 28th is National Chocolate Day. Can't let that go by without a mention now, can we? Will you celebrate? How? Let's say you can have one of the following right this very minute... a cup of hot chocolate, a strawberry dipped in chocolate, a bowl of plain chocolate ice cream, or a slice of chocolate pie...what's your pleasure?

Probably won't be celebrating.   But if I had to choose right now, I'd go for a cup of hot chocolate.  I'm coming down with some nastiness and would drink all the hot things if I could.

3. How do you feel about blue jeans? Favorite thing in the world to wear or nope, don't own a single pair? How often do you wear blue jeans in a typical week? Do you own a blue jean jacket?

It would be safer to say I almost never wear anything else.  I don't own a jean jacket but I practically live in my blue jeans.  So comfy.

4. Are you superstitious? If so, in what way?

Not really.  But I did see a black cat yesterday when the moon was full, is that anything?

5. If you had to come up with a costume using only things you have on hand right now, what could you come up with? 

Well fortunately, I have a cloak in my closet, and that covers a wide variety of things.  If only I had a wheelbarrow, I could go as the Dread Pirate Roberts from The Princess Bride.

6. What scares you a little? What do you do when you feel scared?

Spiders.  When I find them I just vacuum them up.

7. Perhaps today will be the day I ______________________________.
finish putting the laundry away.  It was quite a weekend, so it didn't get done then...

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Scout's science class just wrapped up a unit on biology.  For the last few weeks, they've been raising African Dwarf Frogs and Fiddler Crabs in class.  Early last week, we got a letter from the teacher saying that the animals were going to be up for adoption and if they weren't adopted, she would have to dispose of them.

Scout would not hear of it.  And that is how we wound up with Billy Bob, the African Dwarf Frog.

Billy Bob likes to hide.  I can't get pictures of him because any time he senses me coming, he hides under his moss ball.  But he's cute and Scout is happy to have rescued the little guy.

7 comments:

  1. Long live Billy Bob! (the things we do for our kids...)
    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh indeed--but he's being mostly responsible about taking care of his frog. I'm proud.

      Delete
  2. Yes, the things we for our kids! My daughter bought a "cute" terrapin two years ago when he was the size of a 50p and now he is so big I have to hold him in two hands. She had him in her house when she moved out, but then she moved back here and Terry (yes really, Terry the terrapin) came with her. When she moved out guess who stayed behind...?! Life expectancy is only approximately 40 years....eeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I've come up as deleted blog, but my own answers can be found at http://sterlingsop.wordpress.com Best wishes, Pam

      Delete
    2. Aw, Terry the terrapin sounds like he grew fast! (I won't lie, I had to look it up to find out how big a 50p coin is compared to our currency.) Thank you for sharing the link to your blog--I'll have to stroll through your posts!

      Delete
  3. I hate spiders. like your random thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a teacher, and I will say it seemed like there was a little truth to that whole full moon thing : ) Congrats? on your new pet.

    ReplyDelete