Saturday, August 22, 2015

35 years

Today, I turned 35.

I started my Saturday as I always do, with an early-morning trip to the grocery store (I go early on Saturdays because the store is not crowded and the crazy people who want to argue with the clerk for free crackers are still in bed), then laundry.

At some point, the laundry got set aside (it still isn't folded, I'll do that tomorrow, I promise!) so that my dear husband and kids could take me to opening day at the local Renaissance festival.

We had fun, with the games and the food and the shops and the shows.  The kids loved it, I loved it, my husband loved it, my daughter got her Halloween costume (she's going as a fairy, I guess), I did NOT get my Halloween costume (fun fact: the three-piece costume that you basically see runs a grand total of $300), we watched the jousting tournament, it was fun.

I do think, though, that I'll be taking my chances making my own costume.  It shouldn't be hard, she said.  All I need are some solid colored cottons, she said.

Famous last words.

No comments:

Post a Comment