Friday, August 14, 2015

not sure why it's on my mind...

...though it's probably because I'm following a blog of a woman who's had some unfortunate circumstances with family planning.  (Which always kind of makes me laugh with scorn...family planning, as if it's up to us.)  And actually, I'm following TWO blogs of that sort.

When I first found out I was expecting my son, my husband told his parents almost immediately.  I was anxious, because I knew how these things go, and Heaven knows I was right as it applies to us (Sunshine was my fifth pregnancy out of six), but that was how he rolled, and what did I know at that time, so I rolled with it.

A few days later, we were at my parents' house, and I shot him The Look, and said, "Well, you told your parents, should we tell them?"

My husband shrugged/nodded, and I'm still not quite sure what that means, but my parents looked anxious.  My father looked like he expected a divorce announcement.

I simply responded with:  "You have until March.  Get used to the idea of being grandparents."

My father was overjoyed.  Mom looked like Christmas had come early.  My sister, who has NO filters, started in with "I kinda ****in knew this was coming!" but she was excited too.  From that day until the day my son was born, she referred to him as HER "jelly bean".  He'd probably still be her jelly bean, except we live nine hundred miles away, and he's almost as tall as me.

No comments:

Post a Comment