Saturday, August 1, 2015

Week in review

This was Scout's first week back from camp, and I kind of like to keep those things low-key. But here is a photo of him introducing us to his friend from camp:


He's very good with horses--every time he's there, it impresses me greatly how well he understands them, and how they understand him.  He'd be a good veterinarian some day, though I won't push him.

We also signed up Sunshine for her next year of dance classes.  Like Scout and his horses, dance is Sunshine's happy place.


Sunshine's bravery over the last year of medical difficulties has been amazing.  I wish I was more like her.  She's been patient and brave (if perhaps a little combative) over the last year, which included two MRIs and two angiograms.  I'm grateful we can keep track of her conditions, and I've been grateful that it hasn't been worse.  Given her level of interest every time we've been at the hospital over the last year, she'd be a good doctor some day--but again, I won't push her.

As for me, I'm not going to say I'm counting down the days to the start of school (but there's 25), but I am looking forward to watching them both fly again.

Meanwhile, we spend our summers at the park, at the amusement park, at the water park, and at the ballpark...



No comments:

Post a Comment