Monday, May 21, 2012

Chicken Pillows

I was GOING to post something today about the yogurt that I am currently making.  That's gonna wait for another day, because what I am super excited about now is tonight's dinner.  I made Chicken Pillows.

No pictures, because mine did not look as pretty as the ones she made.  :(

The recipe I cobbled together is:
8 oz softened cream cheese (I used low fat)
1/2 cup sour cream (again, low fat)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tablespoons chopped chives (I didn't have any chives.  So I used rosemary.)
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh minced onion
3 cups cubed cooked chicken

Mix those ingredients together in a bowl.

Open 2 8 ounce cans of crescent rolls.  Press the seams of two of them together to make a rectangle.  Put about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture in the middle of each, and fold the edges over the top.  Make sure there aren't any leaks or things get messy!

Dip your pillows in melted butter, then in bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  I served them with fresh steamed broccoli, because we all love broccoli.

There's a gravy recipe on the site linked to above, but I spaced on making it.  :(  Maybe next time.

But the thing is--we all loved it.  My husband even asked me what goes into them, and he NEVER asks about what goes into a recipe.

Anyway.  Good dinner days make me very happy.

The yogurt post will probably be Wednesday--I don't want to turn this into a food blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment