Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sunday Fun

So I mentioned that, every once in a while, my daily drop of sunshine would be something personal. And today is one of those days. After lunch today, we took the kids to the public pool for a couple hours. The local public pool is actually a really nice one. It was very warm today, and surprisingly enough, the pool was not really all that busy. We had plenty of space to play. I spent the entire time up at the toddler pool with A2. My husband was down at the main pool with A1 for most of the time. They had a lot of fun and got a bit sunburned (but mostly they're okay, which is saying a lot for two kids of Scandinavian descent on a bright day), and played and played and played. Afterward, I asked my husband if he wanted to go anywhere else...and he said no, until I mentioned the idea of ice cream. :) So we went to Dairy Queen, and got some treats. I got the kids chocolate malts--partially because I thought they would enjoy them, but mostly because they'd have lids and straws and let's face it, they're messy critters. On the way home, A2's cup started to tip over. She righted it, then started to lick a dribble of chocolate from her hand. And as she stuck her tongue out and put her hand to her mouth--she slowed down, her eyes dropped shut and she fell asleep. With her hand in midair and her tongue hanging out. We all enjoyed a good laugh there. Anywho, they also wore themselves out enough that they're good and asleep now. And probably will be all night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment