Saturday, May 26, 2012

how do you choose a favorite charity?

I had the best problem the other day. One of the newsletters I subscribe to is Tastelite. Every time he gets ready to leave for a cooking gig (he's a yacht chef), he starts a contest that he calls ”Where in the World is Chef Jeff”. We get one clue. This time, my guess was San Diego. My prize was $100 donated to my favorite charity. It's tough to choose one! I could have chosen something related to my sorority, because our centennial Convention is fast approaching. Or to veterans, because I believe that our country has a responsibility to care for the people who have fought for our freedom. Or to breast cancer, because my mother's birthday is also fast approaching and she would have been 59 this year. Or any number of things. It's tough to choose, because there are so many things that mean a great deal to me. I eventually asked that the money be given to St. Jude Children's Hospital, because what they do there is amazing and well worth supporting. This is the best problem to have, and I'm grateful it was one I had.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by. I took a look at your page--what a wonderful organization!

    ReplyDelete