Friday, May 25, 2012

I suggest a new strategy, R2. Let the Wookiee win.

It's nerd time!

One of my friends pointed out that the original Star Wars film debuted in theaters 35 years ago today.  I was not there--I was still four years away from being born, so I have an excuse.

Since then, being a Star Wars nerd has kind of turned into one of my defining characteristics.  I didn't realize it until one Thanksgiving when we were at my parents' house, and my husband and father were discussing something.  I rounded the corner in time to hear my husband say, "Barbara will know, she's a Star Wars nerd!  Who was it that played Obi-Wan?"

My response was, "Okay, first of all, I am NOT a Star Wars nerd, and second of all, it was Sir Alec Guinness."

Mom laughed so hard she snorted.  Which got us all laughing.

But it's true, and it makes me happy.  I love most everything about the series.  My favorite movie is The Empire Strikes Back, and I actually don't hate the most recent movies like everyone else seems to.  They aren't the best, but I definitely enjoyed the stories.  If they could be done over again with a different cast, they'd be far better.

I'm off to start watching the series again.  See you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment