Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reboot!

Well.  After wandering away for (ahem) two years, we're going to try this again.

And this time, it's in my list of daily bookmarks, so I am (hopefully) going to be able to stay focused.

Welcome to Seeking Sunshine.  My goal here is to post one thing a day that I have tried and loved.  Or something that puts a big ol' goofy smile on my face.  Some of the things may well be personal in nature (kids' birthdays, my upcoming sorority Convention, that sort of thing), but I'll still post projects, recipes, DIY sorts of things.  You will notice I am passionate about a number of things:

Good Books.  I love to read, and I love to read recommendations from friends, and I love to recommend books to friends.  And I love to read to my children, and I love that they love to read/have stories read to them.  Granted, reading recommended books backfires on occasion (I once read The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand because someone I trusted recommended it to me--I hated it and it may well be one of the only books I've ever thrown away).  Most of the time it works out (I also once read the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher on the recommendation of a friend, and now it's one of my favorites).

Good Food.  I love to cook and eat and eat and eat.  If I post enough recipes, you'll notice I am not diabetic, abstaining from alcohol, vegetarian, gluten-free, lactose intolerant, etc.  I kind of like the old joke that I'm on the seafood diet--I see food, I eat it.  There's exceptions (I seem to be allergic to mushrooms, and brussels sprouts are not allowed in my house), but mostly, I like food.

That said, if you have recommendations for altering a recipe so that it is friendly toward any of those ends, I am all ears.  Particularly if it helps me lower my cholesterol.

Crafts.  I am not, in general, a terribly arty person.  I like to scrapbook, but I've noticed that my scrapbooks look kind of amateurish next to people who are really good at it.  I'm very much a beginner there.  But I think it's fun and hey.  My memories are preserved!  I also like to sew, but I'm not entirely certain where my sewing machine is at the moment.

Nerdery.  I think we've all got a geeky side.  :)

Football.  I love football season, and I think they could benefit from making it longer.  I totally understand why they can't play dozens of games per season, but I live for the start of preseason.  I am lucky enough to have three teams I can claim some semblance of hometown loyalty to, so unless it's a really bad week, I'll be cheering for SOMEONE who will win...

Anyway.  My name is Barbara.  I am a stay at home mother to two wonderful kids--A1 is a six year old boy with high spirits, A2 is his rough and tumble sister who is two-and-a-half years old.  I live in Pennsylvania, though I am a Kansas girl to the core.

That about sums it up.  If you made it through all that, hats off to you.  I promise I'll talk less tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment